Summer Lovin’ in St. Augustine
Looking forward to sunny days and summer breezes? So are we! There are plenty of things to do in St. Augustine that can keep you entertained and loving every minute of your summer break.
Be a Tourist
As residents, we sometimes forget about all the cool things our town has! It’s beautiful and rich in history. Play tourist to take advantage of your free time. Visiting for the summer? There are lots of fun things around town for you to participate in. You can:
- Hop on a trolley tour
- Swing by the Lightner Museum for a tour and lunch
- Jump back in time at the Oldest School House
- Visit the Alligator Farm
Listen to the Music
Summer is the season for music! Drop by the beach for Music in the Park or Music by the Seas. Set up a chair in the Plaza for Concerts in the Plaza. Don’t want to spend all your time outside? Head over to the Cathedral Basilica for the St. Augustine Music Festival.
Go on Tour
Experience a different side of St. Augustine with the food and drink tours! Happening nonstop in Historic Downtown, you can hit some of the best bars and restaurants in town in a short period of time.
- Historic Pub Crawl: 2.5 hours at 4 different taverns and other historic landmarks.
- Not Just a Chocolate Tour: Check out some candy shops, local bakeries, and more! You’ll even walk away with a take-home bag.
- Feast of St. Augustine: This is a 3-hour tour with stops at some popular restaurants downtown.
- Ale Tail Craft Beer Tour: Over 2 hours of tastings the best Florida craft beers while you visit landmarks, brewpubs, and tap rooms.
Take advantage of your free time and the sunshine by experiencing the culture in the festivals around town:
- St. Augustine Music Festival (May 30 & 31)
- The Greek Festival (June 4 & 5)
- Conquistador Festival (June 19)
- BlackXcellence Festival (June 19)
- St. Augustine Music Festival Signature Series (June 25 – 27)
- Creekside Music & Arts Festival (October 9 & 10)
- Rhythm & Ribs Festival (October 17)
- St. Augustine Songwriters Festival (October 24)
Hit the Beach
There’s nothing quite like setting up in the sand, listening to the waves, and soaking in the sun! It might be classic, but hit the beach this summer! Find your favorite spot and grab some friends for a fun beach day. You might even consider taking a surf lesson!
What are you looking forward to this summer?